Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hoping I'm Ready for the Marathon!

There are only a few days left before the marathon, but it's not too late to donate to help Carson and the other families who face leukemia and lymphoma. Click on the logo to the right and be a part of the team that helps Carson and other kids just like him.

I have competed in other sports...okay, so that was a "few" years ago...but one thing that I've learned in my marathon training is that I'm not really a distance runner. In fact, my knee tends to really not like distance running! So much so that I've had two cortisone injections - one as recent as this past Monday. As I've said before, my pain is nothing like what Carson goes through.

So, if you happen to be up early Sunday morning, please say a prayer for me. I know I will finish the race - but I'd like to do it with as little walking as possible. Hey, I want to get this thing over with!

Thanks to the Falls Church News Press for the kind article highlighting Carson and my training. (Read it here.) I was hoping for the extra pressure. Ok, maybe not. :-)

Thanks to everyone for the support throughout my training and fundraising. I never thought I'd have to raise my fundraising goal, yet that's exactly what I had to do - FOUR times! In fact, I need to do it again!!

-Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. You go, girl!!! You know that Josh and I will be cheering for you from down here. Good luck and kick some marathon butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, Jennifer! Getting to Orlando is the first test.Show Minnie mouse who is boss! Sending you energy and strength Sunday am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Jennifer on Sunday morning is a number one priority in our household........Go Jen Go!!!!!! You Can Do It :-)
    Cheers from your Italian Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooooooo Team Carson! We're praying for you this morning!

    ReplyDelete