Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stuck at Home

Day 70 of 1,278.

Francesca completed her first full week back at swim practice this week. She is such a strong swimmer! She works hard. We are at practice every weekday afternoon and again on Saturday. This week she was moved to the "select" squad for Saturday practice. Wait a second...that group meets at 6 in the morning!! Which means we'll have to get up at 5:15 a.m.! Can't I just go ahead and teach her to drive and throw her the keys?? (Did I tell you how much I love competitive swimming?)

Is that my pillow calling me?? Yes, Pillow, I hear you!!! I'll let Jennifer take the first practice.

Carson seemingly loads up on Red Bull.

Carson spent most of this week bouncing off the walls. We still have a super low ANC, which means we can't go out to public places. Nevertheless, we haven't seen him in this good of a mood in a long time.

Chef Carson barks out instructions, then give us the "crazy" look to show he means business.

On Friday Carson was on full blast...playing and talking nonstop. I stayed home from work while Jennifer and Nona headed out to do some "much needed" shopping. They tried to tell me they felt a certain responsibility to society to do whatever necessary to ensure our nation's economic recovery stays on track...and shopping seemed like the best way to do it. I didn't buy it...but "buy it" is exactly what they did. Judging from the number of shopping bags that had to be carried in from the car, I'm betting they wore the paint off their credit cards.

While they were out swiping plastic, Carson and I hooked up the amplifier to sing ABC and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Luckily we didn't cause any windows to shatter or cars to crash!

After singing our hearts out we headed off to the clinic for our appointment to check platelets. For the first time ever it was just Carson and me...no adult supervision. (Scary, huh?!?) Carson was "accessed" - had a tube inserted into his port. I am pleased to report that for the second weekend in a row he didn't need a transfusion of platelets. On the not-so-great-news side, however, his ANC only came up to 80 since Tuesday. So...we are still avoiding public places.

Recuperating after getting injured playing dump trucks.

Friday evening concluded with some playing outside...and a fall that resulted in two scraped knees and one scraped elbow. That was pretty much an evening ender. It's always fun until someone gets hurt!

Our main worry today? Hoping and praying he didn't pick up any bad germs on his fall. With an ANC of 80, he's defenseless.

Paul.

2 comments:

  1. Darn dump trucks will get you everytime! Hoping no bad germs found him! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Francesca, way to swim! Call me if you need a ride to 6am practice - lol! Betsy Pankey

    ReplyDelete