Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Round for Everyone and a Belt for Carson

What started as two trips to the ER with Carson nearly two weeks ago turned into a bout of sickness for everyone. We all had some version of the stomach flu over the next week and ended up full circle with Carson and tummy issues again last Saturday. Thankfully, this did not turn into another trip to the ER.

No one has been sick with something for 3 days now, so maybe we are over this. (I say while knocking on my wooden end table next to me.)

To celebrate a new period of wellness, Carson and his friend Andy tested for and received their very first Knee High Ninja belts on Tuesday evening. It is so strange to me that I again caught myself holding back tears over the "9 seconds of discipline" that it took for Carson to earn this belt.

With Francesca, if she'd done Tae Kwon Do, she would have gotten her belt. There would never be a question, it was expected and practically taken for granted that she would succeed. We would already be thinking about the next thing on our list and making plans for that event.

How different it is now; I am actually able to cherish the moment! How sad, and wonderful at the same time, that it took a child with cancer to teach me this?!

The New White Belt Knee High Ninjas

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Carson. I' really proud of you.

    Love to all of you.

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete