Saturday, January 7, 2012

Final Pathology

Another weekend around here. Paul is with Francesca at the distance meet this morning, where she is swimming the 1000 yard freestyle - all at once - without stopping! 1000 yards! - as a race.....
Later today she'll swim at a high school meet.

I went to the breast surgeon yesterday for a follow up. I'm healing well and don't have to go back to her for 6 months! One surprise though: the pathology report revealed that I had a second area of DCIS in my breast that they did not even know about. Had they known about it, I would have had no choice but to go ahead with mastectomy. Or perhaps I would have been facing another DCIS diagnosis in another year. 10 days after surgery, it is looking like I made the right decision.

Grandma is still here and helping us immensely. I will never be able to come close to paying her back for all that she has done for us; and especially what she has done for us these past few years. The same holds true for all the other friends and neighbors who have been visiting, bringing food and walking dogs.

Feeling very blessed......
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I am so glad to hear that you are healing well, and so thankful that you went ahead with the mastectomy! I hope that all continues to go well. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jennifer, glad to hear that your decision was the right one. I know that Grandmas are an incredible help, your recovery and the well being of your family is what they desire in exchange. Sorry for the distance, I wish I could do more....maybe some more cookies! Lots of love, Cristina

    ReplyDelete