Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sadness

Our sweet little 10 month old friend, Declan, who had been fighting cancer since March, passed away early this morning.

Declan was our neighbor the last time we were in the hospital. Although, we did not get to know the family very well, we were instantly bonded by our fight with cancer. We were so excited to see Declan released from the hospital and at the clinic a few weeks ago. We welcomed his big smile and beautiful spirit. We were ecstatic to read his blog and hear about the wonderful days he was spending at home. But now, we are so sad and heartbroken that his life was so short. Although I know God has a plan, and I know Declan is no longer suffering; it is times like these that I always wonder how a loving, caring God can allow such pain.

And I always think "this could just as easily be us....." Cancer, go away and stay away.

Please pray for Declan's family today. Then, go and honor Declan's life by hugging your children. We are only stewards of God's little blessings; and their is no guarantee as to how long we'll have them.

-Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Declan's story. I was so touched by the family's blog. Our prayers are with them all - and of course with Carson and you.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul and Jennifer, I was in the process of sending you all an email when I checked your blog. I am sorry to learn of Declan's passing and join you in prayer for his family.

    I had wanted to tell you I was happy to learn that Carson was able to come to Sunday school recently! I am sorry I missed seeing him (and his new hair cut!) as I have been out on vacation for the past couple of weeks. But my team was happy to let me know upon my return Carson was here! I am so happy for you all- I can only imagine what an incredibly challenging year this has been for your family. Please know of my continued thoughts and prayers for you all and for Carson's complete healing. As always, if there is anyway we can serve you and your family, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or give a call!

    God's rich blessings,
    Lora

    ReplyDelete