Monday, August 30, 2010

At the Beach

We made it to the beach and are having a great time.

Trying to get on the road always proves to be one of the biggest obstacles of a vacation. Jennifer had to get her stitches out of her hand. We had to get the dog taken care of. And poor Carson...all he could think about was getting to the beach. I have to admit, he reminded me of myself when I was young. He wanted to get on the road so badly, and mom and dad were still doing stuff around the house to get ready. He was so frustrated!

Anyway, we finally made it and Carson is absolutely beside himself. He screams with excitement at the top of this lungs when the water splashes on his feet or at the mere mention of going to dig in the sand.

This afternoon he went to the store for some shopping and Carson bought a new Ford Woody truck...and another mail truck. (Yes, we have an extensive collection of replica US Mail service trucks.) Thanks to a dear neighbor for supplying Carson with ample shopping money for his vacation. As you might have guessed, it was burning a hole is his little pocket and he blew it all on day one.

What we really need is another toy truck! Carson shows off his latest purchase - a 1949 Ford Woody. (As you can see, the infection around his nose is clearing up nicely, too.)

This evening we went on a "rocket boat" ride. Three or four times during the ride Carson leaned over and said, "I love this boat, Daddy!" And this is where I mention that I am one of those rare beach haters. I can't stand the hoards of people, the sand in everything, the overpriced goods...my list goes on and on. But, moments like this make it all worthwhile.

The rocket boat stopped for a few minutes to look at the dolphins. Obviously upset, Carson turned and remind us of our purpose for getting on the boat, "I want to go fast. I want to go fast!"

I'll write more about this later, but I need to throw out a huge thanks to Believe in Tomorrow for making this vacation possible.

Paul.

1 comment:

  1. T-Bone you LOVE the beach - quit your whining :-)
    Cheers Bud
    You Go Carson --- Boats were made to go fast

    ReplyDelete