Monday, August 23, 2010

In Training


I am officially in training for the Walt Disney World Marathon with Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I signed the papers, I've got the training plan, I've got my work cut out for me. I may be doing the work of running a marathon, but those doing the real work are the kids I see every week fighting cancer with grace and strength.

We went to baby Declan's funeral today and watched the hundreds of people there (us included) as they grieved. I am more committed than ever to making a difference - even if in a small way - to those who are dealing with cancer.

I've got some work for you too. I can't do this alone. To cross the finish line of finding a cure we need your help. Please visit my fundraising page and make a donation to LLS. Send the link to all your friends and ask them to donate too. Otherwise I will bug you endlessly!! Don't make me do this; just ask Paul, I am very effective at bugging people.

I am sure I won't have to bug YOU. So, let me just say, on behalf of all the kids fighting cancer, THANK YOU!!! Isn't that nicer than being bugged?

-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment