Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Speeches

I wanted to put these in the previous post, but for some reason the video upload feature wasn't working. (Where's an IT person when you need them?)

Although I've call these "videos," in reality they are for audio purposes. The video is that bad. In fact, I think it's more apt to call them Audios...just without the Spanish accent.

The lights in the stadium were "dimmed" (aka turned out) for the ceremony, leaving all of us (and my camera) in the dark. In Jennifer's audio you may see a blob of light moving around from time to time. She had a flashlight so she could read her speech. Turns out she's more animated than she thought.

So here is Jennifer telling our story. It's a little over seven minutes long (and I accidentally clipped off the last sentence and applause), but it is well worth your time.



And here is Delaney, a 15 year-old leukemia superstar! Listen as she recounts her diagnosis and relapses. Again, my "stop record" trigger finger accidentally clipped off a sentence at the beginning when she mentions how she admires her older brother and always wanted to play soccer just like him.



What Delaney doesn't mention is that after her last diagnosis she had a bone marrow transplant. That's six months in the hospital, folks. Her brother, the one she admires so much, was a perfect match. What an amazing story!!

I think they both did an AMAZING job. Talk about strength. Every time I tell our story, I always end up bawling my eyes out.

Paul.

2 comments:

  1. I am crying as I relive July 10 with you. I am so grateful for the wonderful medical personnel Carson has and the precious people who have helped make these past months bearable.
    Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer you did amazing! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete