Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Patient Updates

I guess my short updates will be a bit longer these days as two updates are required.

Carson

Clinic visit yesterday. He is feeling great and looking fabulous. Vincristine, pentamadine went on without a hitch. Prednisone pulse has begun. The counts are still too high. We will reach in to uncharted territory and raise the 6MP to levels we've yet to see. I await the counts crash, but am hopeful it will not occur.

Jennifer

MRI today went smoothly. No word on the 2nd biopsy results. I will not hunt them down to tell me. I have another appointment with the breast surgeon on Friday and she can just tell me then.

Interesting questions I have asked myself lately......

How do you best explain DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ)? It is Stage Zero cancer, considered pre-cancerous, but treated just like you have cancer?

How many doctors and nurses does it take to treat DCIS? I have lots of helping hands. Carson's doctors and nurses, my own docs and nurses.... I am high maintenance!

What is the appropriate attire for a breast biopsy?

What is the best thing to wear to an MRI?

How much chocolate do you actually have to eat to feel better?

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, both of my breast cancer's were DCIS. What the heck is Stage 0 cancer?! I proudly claim to be a breast cancer survivor, not a zero cancer survivor!
    Go for comfort where tests and treatments are concerned.
    As for chocolate, I used to say you could eat as much chocolate as you need to in order to feel better until I got a migrane from doing just that. ;-}
    Carson: does this mean increase in appetite? Maybe he can join you in eating chocolate. It has lots of good nutrients. ;-}
    Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'.
    Soft hugs,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jennifer, I'm sorry I haven't written...I was speechless. I love you humor! Eat as much chocolate as you want!!! We are sending many prayers your way, I hope you feel the love guiding you everyday.
    Lots of hugs!!! Cristina

    ReplyDelete