Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Counts and the Countdown

The Counts

We are cleared for take off. Carson's ANC is hovering around the 1,000 mark, his hemoglobin is good and his platelets are 212. The trampoline awaits, our friends and their new puppy await. Away we go.......


The Countdown

I am giving all of our readers fair warning, way in advance. I plan to run the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 9, 2011. There, I actually typed it, I guess now that it is out there in public, I'm committed. Nearly 7 months away, but I need all that time to prepare. A group of friends and I will, of course, run this race in honor of Carson with the Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. You have two options, come run it with us or support us with your wallets. I am warning you that I'll be bugging each and every one of you in the future. So be prepared.

A group of friends and I ran another race last weekend. The Marine Crossroads, 17.75 K of grueling hills through the Prince William National Forest and ending at the Marine Corps Museum. All I can say, is we survived. Beautiful scenery, killer hills. Did I say there were hills? The only thing that kept me going was to remember all the kids at the clinic. They don't get to quit, so neither did I. I was slow, but I finished. 1:52.08. Check out the pictures below.

Marina, Jenn, JK and Cristin at the Marine Corps Museum - smiling through the pain.


This picture taken especially for Carson. GEICO Nascar Race Car at finish.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad to hear that Carson's levels are good and you guys are off on your trip! Have a GREAT time! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1,000 ANC - that's just wonderful. Have a great trip!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, you Go Girl -- will support your marathon run w the wallet :-)
    glad to hear Carson is doing good -- give a big hug to him and Francesca --
    enjoy your time in Georgia
    cheers
    Alex and Co

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooops forgot to say hey to T-Bone
    Ciao Bello

    ReplyDelete