Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The List We Took For Granted

Everyone has a list of things they'd like to do.  Before Carson's illness, we were in the habit of making our family list and assuming that we'd get it done, almost like we were somehow entitled to its completion....that we would do that particular thing, and then get on with the next thing, and so on and so on.

Great Wolf Lodge was on our list.  Wouldn't it be fun to go there when Carson got his swimming down?  He was in swim lessons, so I was sure we could get to it sometime that fall of 2009.

We never did get there that fall.  We didn't get there for the next three years, my little list that I wanted to check off didn't seem so important while sitting in a hospital room praying for God to spare my child.

I might LIKE to do all I had planned with my family; but it is through God's grace that I get to do it.

Enter Great Wolf Lodge, April 2013.

I thought, "Maybe we could go there for Spring Break?" "Maybe it is our time to go there?" " Mr. is off treatment now and what would that be like? - to travel with 1/3 less medicines than usual?"  (Still gotta bring my meds and Francesca's....)

We got there.  Carson loved it.  Watching him splash around, attempt the "scary" water slides he never would have tried three years earlier, made me stop and thank God one more time for these continued moments of happiness.  I even thanked God when Carson fell off the mat and got scraped up like a NORMAL boy. 

"Thank you so much God that Carson shut the water slide down with his "accident" and then said "I'm OK, let's go on that slide again!"

Make your plans, let God take you there according to HIS timing...........


No fighting right now, just fun.......


Relaxing in the Wolf Den....they must be related some how.....
-Jennifer




1 comment: