Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another weekend....

Well, another weekend came and went; and that means two things around here. A trip to the ER and a swim meet. And that's what we did.

Carson developed a fever in the wee hours of Friday morning. Chances are good that he caught my horrible cold that gave me lots of congestion and stole my voice for 5 days. We did as usual, woke Dr. Chao up at 4AM (she is unfortunately on call every single time Carson gets sick), packed a bag and headed for INOVA Fairfax. Paul took hospital duty since my germs and my non-voice would not be welcome in the hospital.

After the boys left, it was time for Francesca to get up for the swim meet. Warm ups at 6 AM in Maryland!!

Then, we did it all again on Saturday - although a few hours later for Carson. He went back to the ER for a follow up dose of antibiotics. (Did I mention, he never ran a fever once arriving at the ER??) and Francesca went to her swim meet.

Squeeze in a visit with friends on Saturday afternoon and more swimming on Sunday and you have a normal weekend at our house!

Paul has the cold now, and Francesca appears to be getting it......I don't think those two will need to go to the ER though. My voice has returned, just in case they do.

-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment